Thursday, May 2, 2013

Frozen Chocolate Banana Nut Balls

It's getting hot in here, so let's make some nut balls! I am getting so hot, I'm going to make some nut balls.
I made a version of these when Cary and Meri came over for dinner, but this recipe is more elegant, smoother, less sweet. You can always add some honey or maple syrup to these. Taste as you go, that's what I do.
Frozen Chocolate Banana Nut Balls
  • 1 cup sprouted and dehydrated almonds and cashews
  • 1/4 plus 1/8 cup raw cacao powder
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 2 tap vanilla extract
  • 1 banana

So what I did was put the nuts and coconut in my ninja blender with the cacao powder and blended for a while until it was pretty smooth. Then I added the coconut oil and vanilla and blended again until it was almost the texture of nut butter. Then I added the banana and blended until that was, well, blended. Taste for sweetness. You might want to add some honey if you want a sweet treat.
Then I lined a plate with parchment paper and scooped out balls using my mini ice cream slash cookie scooper. Make them not too big is my advice, since they really take a while to eat. Then I popped that plate into the freezer until they were good and frozen. Then I ate a bunch. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment