Friday, April 19, 2013

Banana Pancakes

I wake up hungry. I seem to be the only one in my house to do so. Breakfast is important to me. So important that I often pre-breakfast if we are going out for brunch. I have issues, blood sugar issues. Other issues too but we can get to those later.

This is my recipe for Banana Pancakes. They are easy, adaptable, malleable, and don't really taste like bananas. This serves one person. Also they are more like crepes in texture but Banana Crepes sounds snobby.

Blend the following until smooth:

1 banana
3 eggs
1 splash vanilla extract (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tbsp cashew or other nut butter (optional)

Pour onto a greased up hot skillet on medium heat and wait until bubbles appear and the edges look dry then flip and cook for another 30 seconds. Serve hot or save for later and eat cold.

Great with bacon or spread with nut butter or yogurt or fruit or you get the idea.

Sometimes I substitute cooked sweet potato for all or part of the banana. Sometimes I throw in a handful of almonds to add some texture. Sometimes I make the pancakes small and sometimes I make them big. Don't worry about it too much.





No comments:

Post a Comment